Everyone’s been nervous. So many things in life are nerve-wracking. Things such as sports tryouts, job interviews, big tests and exams, and dates can all cause us to experience those “butterflies” in our stomachs.
So, I decided to compile a list of things that may help ease those nerves.
1. Take deep breaths. Inhale, count to 5, then slowly exhale.
2. Go for a walk or run and clear your mind.
3. Take a bath and try to relax.
4.Talk to a friend or family member about how you are feeling. They can offer up pretty good advice sometimes.
5. Write in a journal. Sometimes putting your thoughts and feelings on paper can be a stress reliever.
6. Cuddle with a pet.
7. Blast your favorite music and dance and sing along.
8. Bake some cookies or try a fun, new recipe to take your mind off the stressor.
9. Realize that you’re going to be okay no matter what. Life goes on, and sometimes mistakes are made or embarrassing moments happen, but they just make the good moments in life seem even sweeter.
So, put yourself out there, and don’t let your nerves get the best of you! Have fun and enjoy the wild and crazy ride of life! 🙂